Learn how a career in dental assisting can change your life.
Entry Level Dental Assisting
Program: Jacksonville, FL
Start on your new career path today and become a valuable member of a dental healthcare team with our entry-level dental assistant certificate program. Our comprehensive six-month program delivers the best possible experience for each and every student, and it allows you to start a new career quickly or continue your education. The curriculum includes both theory and hands-on training that will prepare you for work within a dental practice. Your hours include 142 theory hours, 76 lab hours, and 160 externship hours under the direction of a licensed dentist.
A brief overview of topics covered in our program:
- Introduction to Dentistry
- Sterilization and Infection Control (OSHA Compliant)
- Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
- Anesthesia & Pain Control
- Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
- Dental Administration & Communication Skills
- BLS/CPR/AED Certification for Healthcare Professionals
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Radiation Physics, Safety, & Imaging Techniques
- Dental Materials
- Digital Scanning Technology
- Infection Control & Radiation Health & Safety Instruction
- Resume Workshop & Interview Coaching
- Laboratory Procedures
Dental Assistant Classes Include
Take advantage of an all-inclusive, affordable education. Train on the latest and most innovative technology in the dental field. And start your new career in six months!
A Student Must
• Possess a high school diploma or GED
• Meet with the administrator for a personal interview, and tour the facility
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Obtain a criminal background check
• Show proof of Hepatitis B vaccination or declare the intent to receive
• Show proof of current Tetanus vaccination
• Sign required registration form
Florida Institute of Dental Assisting reserves the right to change program start dates, tuition, or to cancel a program. Any changes will be made in accordance with the Florida Commission for Independent Education rules and regulations and students will be notified of changes. Students will abide by the rules and regulations of the school at the time of their enrollment. Currently enrolled students will not be affected by tuition increases.
Florida Institute of Dental Assisting does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Felony convictions may prevent a dental assistant from taking Dental Assisting National Board examinations and receiving your Florida Dental Radiography certificate, thus affecting your employment options. Students that have been convicted of a felony will be denied program admittance.